People always ask what SAMA means. It started as kind of a joke. It was a sleeting, snowy day in early December. My friend and I were surfing a swell in Grand Haven. I looked over at him knowing we were supposed to both be at pre-Christmas family functions soon, and said "We are like Self Absorbed Michigan Adventurers." That kind of stuck, and like many of our friends we have a common passion for outdoor sports in Michigan, and we go out in any weather to get our sessions. He replied "Ya, SAMA!"

So it was born, the SAMA logo was fashioned by another like minded surfer friend from Grand Haven. SAMA is for all of you year round Michiganders and vacationers who know, love, and respect all the outdoor activities there are to do in Michigan. No matter the weather you will find us us out enjoying all the benefits of our unique freshwater paradise.

Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Freediving Grand Haven





Hey crew, here are some photos from today. The water quality was nice at the south side GH pier. Most of these photos were taken in between the two lighthouses in about 15-20ft of water. After the freedive session I headed down the beach and kited for about an hour. Not a lot of wind close to shore, but nice wind about a mile out. I was by myself, so I didn't want to stay out there too long. If it died I would have had nice swim to get back. Anyway, beautiful day. I will be freediving again tomorrow if anyone is up for it. There is so much trash on the bottom along the pier so I am thinking about doing a little underwater beach cleanup. Anyone want to join me?

3 comments:

WondersandWaves said...

these pictures are awesome! what time tomorrow are you going? where can I buy a print of that large mouth bass...is that what that is???? that is a sweet shot!

Ben said...

Prints are all yours. I will email you the photo, and I think it is a smallmouth bass.

Brennon said...

Nice Pictures! The lighting and water color is awesome.

You said you are going out again yesterday? I'm there!