People always ask what SAMA means. It started as kind of a joke. It was a sleeting, snowy day in early December. My friend and I were surfing a swell in Grand Haven. I looked over at him knowing we were supposed to both be at pre-Christmas family functions soon, and said "We are like Self Absorbed Michigan Adventurers." That kind of stuck, and like many of our friends we have a common passion for outdoor sports in Michigan, and we go out in any weather to get our sessions. He replied "Ya, SAMA!"

So it was born, the SAMA logo was fashioned by another like minded surfer friend from Grand Haven. SAMA is for all of you year round Michiganders and vacationers who know, love, and respect all the outdoor activities there are to do in Michigan. No matter the weather you will find us us out enjoying all the benefits of our unique freshwater paradise.

Monday, July 2, 2007

New Blog


Well team, I will be returning to the GH area on July 12th. It will be good to be back in the water, but I will miss the mountains over here in the Alps. I am stoked to do some behind the boat surfing and LOTS of kiting. My brother is getting married July 21st, so plan on lots of happenings! He will be home July 15th. Well crew, let me know what you think of this new blog. I still want everyone to be able to start posts, and add pictures. Not sure if it works like that but I`m sure it does. So feel free to join in and I will see if we can transfer over the old pics. I appreciate any feedback you can give.

SAMA rules!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Schatzi,

that is an awesome blog you created. Sama on!!!

Ben said...

If you recieved an email from me, I added you to the authors list of this new blog. Therefore, you will be able to start posts and add pics. Let me know what you think?

Beau said...

Dude, nice blog, good job giving SAMA a little upgrade. Yesterday the Flordia based SAMA members went kayaking out to the beach and met another Michigander transplant. His name is Danny he's from St. Joe and lives with his wife Beth at Emerald lakes the same complex Kristen and I live in. We had a good time catching fish off the beach and even managed to catch and release a nice little black tip reef shark. Keeping the SAMA spirit alive on the Florida coast.

WondersandWaves said...

looks awesome! My mom (54 years old) gave great lakes surfing a try yesterday. she's got surf stoke...and wants to go again! she put on a wetsuit and got pushed into quite a few little waves on our new 10'6"! This blogger site looks nice, tell Anna Hello!