People always ask what SAMA means. It started as kind of a joke. It was a sleeting, snowy day in early December. My friend and I were surfing a swell in Grand Haven. I looked over at him knowing we were supposed to both be at pre-Christmas family functions soon, and said "We are like Self Absorbed Michigan Adventurers." That kind of stuck, and like many of our friends we have a common passion for outdoor sports in Michigan, and we go out in any weather to get our sessions. He replied "Ya, SAMA!"

So it was born, the SAMA logo was fashioned by another like minded surfer friend from Grand Haven. SAMA is for all of you year round Michiganders and vacationers who know, love, and respect all the outdoor activities there are to do in Michigan. No matter the weather you will find us us out enjoying all the benefits of our unique freshwater paradise.

Sunday, November 4, 2007

SAMA Sunday Soup Sessions!



Well Samaistas,

With the hours of darkness here for the winter season, it is time to gather at our humble abodes and enjoy the nutritious goodness of soup, and superb company of great friends for the soul. You are sure to leave a SAMA soup session feeling ready for another week on the job. Here was an epic Tortilla Soup cooked up by none other than the fabulous chef Ms. Lesa Vanlier! We watched a bunch of Barn Door Productions kite videos and chilled it up. Soups are simmered to perfection and served to rejuvinate your body and soul!! Why, because they are cooked by your friends! SAMA RULES!!

4 comments:

Mulder said...

Nat an I killed a delicious squash soup too. That season is upon us already. Did Ana make it home safe this weekend?

Unknown said...

That is too sad to see, I wish I could have been there for another good soup sunday. Oh well, that´s how life goes. I am happy and greatful that I made it home again safely, I had a great trip. I miss all of you, but I will be back soon. Anna

Lesa said...

Well if this doesn't get a house full on the next soup Sunday, I don't know WHAT will! ;-) Ben, once again you have a great way with words! It WAS a great ending to a fun weekend... hope that more can join us next week! Blue wall cafe again?

Ben said...

I am always willing to host, especially if others bring ingredients for the culinary creations of joy and sustenance.

Blue Wall cafe next Sunday!!