People always ask what SAMA means. It started as kind of a joke. It was a sleeting, snowy day in early December. My friend and I were surfing a swell in Grand Haven. I looked over at him knowing we were supposed to both be at pre-Christmas family functions soon, and said "We are like Self Absorbed Michigan Adventurers." That kind of stuck, and like many of our friends we have a common passion for outdoor sports in Michigan, and we go out in any weather to get our sessions. He replied "Ya, SAMA!"

So it was born, the SAMA logo was fashioned by another like minded surfer friend from Grand Haven. SAMA is for all of you year round Michiganders and vacationers who know, love, and respect all the outdoor activities there are to do in Michigan. No matter the weather you will find us us out enjoying all the benefits of our unique freshwater paradise.

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Big Sky Montana and Nature's Kennel McMillian Michigan

It's been a long time since I last posted.  I guess my adventures have been shared more with Facebook these days as it seems that is the most common platform.  I digress, however, it's still nice to have a place to visit and write down my thoughts.  It has been one of the most amazing winters I can remember, and although many are ready for it to be over, I am still thinking fondly of all the great times we had during this frozen time of sliding and skidding around.  I can't wait for the next winter.  I hope this little late winter teaser puts you into a positive mindset, remember the snow in April is just as beautiful as the snow in December.  It all depends on your frame of mind.  Enjoy folks!

No comments: